As we all know that iiNet is one of the most common ISPs in Australia. Not only just internet services, it also offers phone services through the Optus network. The major benefit of choosing iiNet as your ISP is that you would also receive a mailbox using which you’ll be able to avail emailing services.
To access your emails, you will have to log in to your iiNet webmail by entering your email id and password. If you are using a Mac, and you don’t want to log in every time to your webmail for checking your emails, you can simply set up your iiNet email in your Mac’s in-built ‘Mail’ software and access all your emails in one place. The process is not at all complicated and doesn’t need any help from the iiNet tech support team. Just follow the below steps and get your configuration done.
- Step 1: Open Mac Mail on your device.
- Step 2: You will be able to see the ‘Mail’ option in the top menu bar. Click on it.
- Step 3: Now, select the ‘Accounts’ option.
- Step 4: On your right-hand side, you will see many options of email service providers. Go down and select the option which says ‘Add Other Account’.
- Step 5: You will again find a list of options. Scroll up and down and click on the option which says ‘Mail account’.
- Step 6: After clicking on this, you will be prompted to enter some details. Enter your full name, your iiNet email address, and your iiNet email password on the given fields.
- Step 7: Below the text boxes, you’ll find a ‘Sign In’ button. Click on it.
- Step 8: On clicking ‘Sign In’, Mac Mail will try to find your iiNet mail server settings automatically. In case you come across errors, wait, you do not need to call the OptusNet phone number yet. You will be prompted to check your email settings. Re-check your account credentials and enter the following as your email settings.
- Email address: Enter your complete iiNet email address.
- Username: You may leave this field as ‘Automatic’.
- Password: Enter your iiNet email password.
- Account Type: IMAP
- Incoming mail server: mail.iinet.net.au
- Outgoing mail server: mail.iinet.net.au
- Step 9: After you have entered the above details, click on the ‘Sign In’ button.
- Step 10: Now you will be shown a list of apps that you want to use with your iiNet account. Checkmark the apps that as per your requirement.
- Step 11: Click on the ‘Done’ button and close your accounts window.
If you follow the above step-by-step guide, you should be able to successfully configure your iiNet email on your Mac Mail. If you come across issues, you might have to contact IiNet Customer Care Number, but before that below are some troubleshooting steps.
Some troubleshooting tips
If you are not able to access your mailbox, follow the below steps.
- Click on the ‘Mail’ option mentioned in Step 2 and then select the ‘Preferences’ option.
- Go to the ‘Accounts’ tab and select your iiNet email address.
- Make sure that the ‘Enable this account’ checkbox is ticked.
- Go to ‘Server Settings’ and uncheck the ‘Automatically manage connection port settings’ checkbox.
- Check if the ‘Use SSL’ box is ticked, the authentication is set to password the incoming port is 993, and the outgoing port is 587.
- Now close the ‘Preferences’ window and then check if the connection is set properly.
With these basic troubleshooting steps, you’ll be able to set up your iiNet email in Mac Mail. You will now be able to access all your emails in one place and will not have to always log in to your webmail.