Setting up your Telstra email account on your phone and tablet is a mandatory task for you. Even if you’ve set your Bigpond email account on your PC, you should add that account on your phone too. You can’t carry your PC or laptop wherever you go. However, none forgets to carry his phone with himself wherever he goes. No matter where you are, you can access your Bigpond email account if you set that account on your phone.
If you’re not familiar with the procedure of setting up your Bigpond email account on your phone, here’s the guide for you. Here we are providing the setting up procedure for an iPhone. The setup procedure is more or less the same in the case of android.
- At first, you need to go to the Settings app to initiate the process. In the Settings of your phone, you will find an option- Accounts and password. You should tap on that options and you’ll be redirected to Create new email account. By tapping on that option, you will get the Add account option.
- Once you find the Add account option, press that. The option ‘Other’ will pop up and you should press that as well. Then tap the Add mail account option.
- There you will get the dedicated space to type in the sender name. In the next steps, you will have to input your email address, password, email account name. As you input all these details, the system will ask you to select the server type. There you’ll have to select the incoming server and outgoing server respectively and you’ll have to enter the username for each selection accordingly.
- After that, you will have to enter your password and select the email account.
- On completion of the previous steps, you should turn on the encryption of the outgoing mails. To do so, you should tap on SMTP. PRIMARY SERVER will appear underneath that. You should press the indicator over there to turn on the encryption. Besides that, you will have to turn off password encryption of the outgoing mails as well. Then, input the outgoing port.
- Once the previous step is done, you must not forget to turn on the encryption of incoming mail. Follow the same steps mentioned before for doing so. After that, turn off the password encryption for incoming emails as well.
- As you complete this step, the system will ask you to enter the incoming port. You will have to enter the accurate incoming port for receiving emails without any issue.
- Then, you must select the option of retrieving new emails conveniently.
- In the end, save the settings and return to the home screen of your phone.
This is the step-by-step guide on how to set up your Bigpond email on your phone. If you face any issues while performing the operation, visit Telstra’s official site or call on the Telstra Technical Support Phone Number to get assistance regarding the setup procedure.