Microsoft Outlook and Bigpond are two of the most popular email applications in the world. Bigpond allows people to easily access all their essential mail from different accounts into one single platform. If you can setup your Bigpond account in Microsoft Outlook then you can basically access all your mail simultaneously. The process would save you plenty of time as you would not require shuffling across different devices and accounts. In this small article, you will learn more about how you can easily accomplish this.
For people who use older versions of Bigpond or Microsoft Outlook
For people who are using older versions of Bigpond, there may be some issues in setting up an account on Microsoft Outlook. By following the steps mentioned below, you will be able to resolve those issues.
1. You have to launch Microsoft Outlook on your desktop or laptop and then click the “Info” option and choose “Account settings.”
2. Choose the “New” option for creating a new account.
3. Choose the Manual setup option and click on Next.
4. Configure the IMAP box with your information.
5. Update the server’s information through Telstra mail.
6. Choose the “More settings” option.
7. Click the Finish option and Outlook will save your email address on Telstra.
Of course, you have to remember that you will need to have your Telstra email address and password before you can begin the whole process. You can contact Telstra’s customer care services if you have forgotten either your email address or password on Telstra. It is also probable that you may incur some additional data charges when you are setting up your Telstra email account.
For people using newer versions of Outlook
If you are using a newer version of Microsoft Outlook, then you will need to follow these steps.
Follow the first three steps mentioned above and enter the page where you have to load in your IMAP information.
Here you have to select IMAP and click on Next. Then in the User Information box, you have to put your Telstra email address. In the “Log on Information” box you should enter both your Telstra mail address and your password. Unselect the ‘Log on using Secure Password Authentication (SPA)’ option.
1. After doing the above process, you will have to update your server information:
- In Account type, write: IMAP.
- In Incoming mail servers (IMAP) write: imap.telstra.com.
- In Outgoing mail server (SMTP) writer: smtp.telstra.com
- In Mail to keep offline put: User defined (all by default)
2. Select More Settings and go to the Outgoing Server option. Then:
- Select the box ‘My outgoing server SMTP requires authentication.’
- Select the ‘Use same settings as my incoming mail server.’
The rest of the process will be the same as mentioned above. You will need to click Finish and save the settings.
In case, you are still unable to setup your account then you can Google how to setup Bigpond emails in Microsoft Outlook or call Bigpond Customer Care Number for help.