If you have e-mail forwarded to another e-mail address that falls outside our platform (for example a Gmail.com, Hotmail.com, planet.nl, xs4all.nl, etc.) then it is possible that some e-mails are not arrive at the forwarded Dodo email address. Or that they end up in your spam folder or show a security warning.You can read how this is and how you can get around this problem in this article. So Dodo email forwarding not working? Here’s what you can do.
What is the cause:
First of all, the current redirect must be turned off. Where you do this depends on where the redirect is set.
The moment an e-mail server forwards the e-mail without changing the sender address, the e-mail is sent from a server that is not authorized for this in the SPF record of the sender. If the server of the e-mail address to which the e-mail is forwarded checks the SPF record, this server will notice that the SPF check has failed. This can have the following consequences:
- The Dodo email is not delivered, and the sender gets an error
- The e-mail ends up in the spam folder of the address to which the e-mail is forwarded
- The recipient of the Dodo email will be warned that the message may be a “Phishing” attempt.
What is the solution:
When forwarding to a single external Dodo email address
If you forward the e-mail to a single e-mail address outside our platform (for example @ gmail.com, @ outlook.com, @ hotmail.com) we recommend that you no longer forward the e-mail, but directly at to pick up in an e-mail program.
- First of all, the redirect should be turned off. Where you do this depends on where the redirect is set.
- Forwarding set up via My Account
- Go to “My domains”
- Click on the domain concerned and click on “Settings” behind “E-mail”. Click here on “e-mail addresses”
- Find the address from which the Dodo email will be forwarded. It says at type: “Forward to …”. If this is not there, the forwarding takes place via the webmail.
Delete the forwarding address
Create the e-mail address again, choosing the option “create a mailbox for this”. Create and manage Dodo email addresses. Configure your e-mail program to retrieve the e-mail.
Forwarding set up via the webmail
- Log in to the webmail with the address that forwards the e-mail: https://webmail.mydomain.nl
- Do you not have access? Then set a new password. Change / forget e-mail address password
- Go to your “Account menu” => “Settings” => “Automatic forwarding”
- Disable automatic forwarding of e-mail here
- Configure your e-mail program to retrieve the e-mail
When forwarding to multiple Gmail, Microsoft or other Dodo email providers
If you forward the e-mail to multiple Gmail, Microsoft or e-mail addresses with other e-mail providers, you can create an e-mail address under your own domain for each recipient and the person who should receive the e-mail give access to that Dodo email address. This sounds complicated, and it is. However, you can read what you can do on the basis of the following explanation.