BigPond (now known as Telstra) is a very popular internet service provider in Australia. Earlier before 2013, the company was named BigPond. It was very popular and had gained over 2 million subscribers by the end of 2007. In 2013, Telstra decided to discontinue BigPond and join the two firms under one umbrella. Telstra has been growing at a good rate and has gained over 18 million subscribers.
However, while using any webmail, you might definitely come across certain issues, and Telstra is no different. While using the BigPond webmail, users have come across issues where they have not been able to send or receive emails. This article would give you some insights on the major reasons as to why your Telstra email might not be working and some additional tips on how to troubleshoot the issues.
Reasons because of which Telstra email might not work
- Email service down temporarily: It is possible that the Telstra servers are facing serious and unexpected traffic, because of which the email service is down.
- Scheduled maintenance: There could be maintenance scheduled at a particular time and the email services might not be available during that time.
- Account-related issues: There could be issues with the username or password of a particular account.
- Connectivity issues: There could be issues due to internet connectivity.
- Configuration issues: It is possible that the email is not configured properly. There could be issues with the email settings like POP and IMAP.
These were the possible reasons due to which you could face issues with your email services.
To troubleshoot these issues, you could follow the below steps:
- Check if you have a stable internet connection by opening other sites.
- Make sure your email account is signed in with the correct user name and password. If it is a username or password reset related issue, you could reset the username or password of your account from the given link https://www.telstra.com.au/support/category/email/manage/change-a-mailbox-password. You will be asked for some information like your email address, your Telstra home phone number, your mobile number, and your date of birth if you wish to reset your username. To reset your password, you’ll just need your user name and your date of birth.
- Use Telstra’s Smart Troubleshooting tool. This tool is capable of identifying email issues quickly and then gives instructions to solve the issue.
- Check your email settings. It is possible that your emails are going into the spam or junk folder. You will need to set your spam/junk filter by clicking on Junk on the Home tab, from there select junk email options, and then select the filtering level based on your requirement.
- Check configuration settings. To make sure that the correct server and port are defined, go to account settings and check the POP and IMAP SMTP server and port details. For incoming server, the address should be mail.bigpond.com with the port as 995. For outgoing server, the address should again be mail.bigpond.com with the port as 465. You can verify if your connection is set up properly by going to advanced settings and clicking on Test Account Settings.
With these steps, you should be able to test if your BigPond webmail is working and find out the issue. If still your issue is not resolved, contact the Bigpond Customer Support Number team by using their messaging service. On successful troubleshooting, you will be able to send and receive emails from your BigPond webmail.
More Info: https://www.auswebmailservice.com/